I work with both Individuals and Couples
Specialties of practice include:
- Post Traumatic Stress conditions as well as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Unresolved and complex trauma
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Dissociation (in overt, covert or subtle form)
- Gay Men’s Issues
- Psychedelic Integration — for people who’ve had psychedelic or other non-ordinary experiences that have had a strong or profound impact that they seek to integrate into the ongoing stream of their lives
- Problems with moderating or mis-using drug and/or alcohol use
- Addictive behaviors
- Psychological or emotional issues arising from health problems
- Affect management difficulties
My work with couples has been influenced and shaped by EFT (Emotionally Focused couples Therapy).
I work with couples with wide ranging levels and type of presenting problems problems and levels of distress. I have a special interest in working with couples where trauma and/or drug/alcohol mis-use are factors present in why they are seeking treatment.
I’ve been using EMDR in my work for 25 years and have found it to be a useful skill set to modulate and work with traumatic experience at most any level of its presentation. I have written an article on EMDR that can be viewed here.
I completed the certification program through the Center For Psychedelic Studies (2016), California Institute of Integral Studies. The program encompassed the rapidly developing field of psychedelics to address mental health, addiction, spiritual life and related research.
I do not accept insurance for payment but am happy to provide you with a statement for you to submit to your PPO insurance carrier or health savings account.
California License LMFT22213